The mean girls at Rant chic strike again with their deeply embedded website blog post “24 things women over 30 shouldn’t wear”, I will spare you the tsuris and computer and phone crashes and break them down for you.
- Graphic tees. No reason given. They don’t like them; so like Democrats they want them banned.
- Bedazzled anything. I got nothing, except see above and to each his own
- Blue eye shadow, concur, but this is true of any age.
- Victoria’s Secret Pink. ? Haters.
- Leopard Print – bullshit. In small pieces this is perfectly acceptable at any age.
- Sparkly Pants. Never heard of them. Where DO those girls shop??
- Oversized Sunglasses. Judging by their picture, no one whose name isn’t Elton John should be.
- Mismatching socks. Who even does that?
- Hoop Earrings. Oh Shut up Rant Chic. Go home, you’re drunk. Do you mean large hoops?
- Furry Boots. Unless you’re an Eskimo or Rant Chic blogger you’re not wearing them
- Furry anything, see above. Big pause for ubiquitous computer crash
- Tube tops. Duh.
- Short Dress. Bullshit. If you got it, lace that bitch up and flaunt it.
- Mini skirts, See Above, but add thigh highs.
- Overalls. Never.
- Crop tops. Tell that to Gwen Stefani, next.
- American Eagle. “Sure their jeans fit perfectly, but that doesn’t make it trendy for women over 30 to be wearing them” That is stupid even for Rant chic. If they fit perfectly, it makes it SMART to wear them regardless of age.
- Booty shorts. Ummmm, yeah, never a good idea.
- Old Sneakers. “Grown women should not be seen in rundown tennis shoes. If you can’t afford a new pair, then it’s time to reevaluate life as a 30-year-old. Shorter Rant Chic. Kill Yourself.
- Cheap Bras. “ Your Breasts deserve the proper support by this age” Shorter Rant Chic, “you have saggy boobs.
- Glitter eyeshadow. “Save the glitter for things that should actually sparkle’ Not Rant Chic’s personalities.
- Platform flip-flops. No one should wear theses, except the writers of Rant Chic.
- Abercrombie and Fitch – Rant Chic thinks 30 year olds are fat.
- Scrunchies. Rant Chic thinks you are old and stupid, or something.
Thirty is new Twenty, Fifty is the new Forty, etc. And Rant Chic is the new mean girl. If you like it , if it fits well and makes you feel great it is appropriate at any age. Don’t let any nasty little hair twirler tell you otherwise.
To see the original post, knock yourself out: